For this installment of Sonder City Chats, we connected with Alisa Mulhair, Sonder’s General Manager of Minneapolis. Joining Sonder in 2018, Alisa has launched the Minneapolis market, built her city team, developed the growth strategy, and helps welcome guests to the roughly 150 Sonder spaces on any given day. Alisa has lived in The Mill City for more than 25 years and has spent many years exploring all that the city has to offer. She took a moment to share with us her favorite places to take her family and friends.
- What’s your favorite time of year in Minneapolis? My favorite time in Minneapolis is the summer and fall, when you can enjoy the juxtaposition of so many lakes, parks, and the Mississippi riverfront flowing through the city skyline. Not to mention the temperature is pretty perfect!
- What’s one activity you’ve always had on your bucket list but haven’t gotten to do yet? Based on how long I have lived in Minneapolis (more than 25 years) I think I’ve mostly seen it all! But a new place I haven’t been to yet is the new Allianz Field – I’d like to go there for a soccer game.
- Where’s the first place you take family and friends when they visit? For a walk around the riverfront, enjoying a coffee from the farmers market, getting some fresh flowers, and maybe sampling and enjoying some delicious cheese.
- Which Minneapolis Sonder space is your favorite? I love our spaces at the Vicinity building. The rooms are spacious with big windows, and have the best views of iconic buildings such as the USBank Stadium where the Vikings play, Guthrie Theatre, Mill City Museum, and City Hall. This specific space is one of the best.
- What’s the first place you’re going to visit when this is over?Dinner at Popul Vu with 10 of our closest friends.
- Favorite hole-in-the-wall restaurant? Lobster Mac & Cheese & pulltabs at The 1029 Bar
- Most beautiful spot in the city? Walking across the Stone Arch Bridge